Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve!

Well, today I finally got back into the gym and I wanted to die. I did 1/2 of my usual cardio and about 1/3 of the weights I usually do. Nausea and body aches hit and so in calling it a night, I weighed myself and am down to 155lbs. Yikes! That's low! I know I've lost muscle mass and therefore, feel unattractive. I have this scrawny body with love handles and no muscles. Sexy! ;)

I've also noticed that virtually every meal I eat, I find a hair in it. Don't worry, it's mine. I don't wash my hair every day anymore to hopefully keep it for a while but hair loss is inevitable. From what I understand, after shot #2, hair stops growing and then several months after that it begins to fall out. My hair is still growing which is exciting. I'm still going to buzz it once it starts to really shed, though.

All in all, my sx (side effects) from this bloody hepatitis c treatment are manageable. Many people are much worse off than I am and I recognize that I am a very lucky person where this is concerned. Many people can barely get out of bed and just hurt every day, always tired, etc. Don't get me wrong, this is no picnic but it's doable. I'll be extremely happy when it's done and I know that as long as it doesn't kill me (which I'm refusing to let it kill me), it will make me stronger. When I am so tired that I want to go to bed at 7pm, I get up and walk around my little apartment. When I hurt (oh yes, those joints are still yelling at me), I get up and walk. There's not much I can do about the 'brain fog' though. Wondering what that is? I've always had a bad memory but my treatment for hepatitis c has helped me forget more things more frequently. Sometimes there's confusion or sometimes I forget something that happened yesterday. I asked my friend Tina if she'd seen the movie 'NINE' with Penelope Cruz and Nicole Kidman and she told me that she and I saw it the night before. Oops! Oh yeah! We did!! Or sometimes I'll forget where I'm going while I'm driving and just automatically drive to a familiar location like a zombie, thinking that that's my destination. Then I get there and wonder what I'm doing there and realize that it's the wrong destination. That's not as frequent as the forgetting things but still annoying when I take a detour to make a stop somewhere and then forget to stop (i.e. the post office to mail my Netflix).

And that brings us to, it's New Years Eve!!! I'm heading out with two friends tonight to a nightclub here in West Hollywood. No, I don't drink, but I still get tanked up on Sugar-free RedBull and dance until my body tells me I can't dance anymore. Haven't gone dancing in a while so this should be interesting. I hope I still have it!

Everyone please have a wonderful and safe New Year and I truly hope 2010 brings you all much health, love, and prosperity!

Adam

1 comment:

  1. Good on you, Adam. Keep on dancing. You have a great attitude for getting through the difficulties that you describe.

    ReplyDelete